AMBAC PRIVACY NOTICE FOR VISITORS TO THE AMBAC WEBSITE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
The purpose of this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is to inform individuals who visit the Ambac website at https://ambac.com/ (such website visitors, the “Website Visitors”, and such website, the “Ambac Website”) or who otherwise use the Ambac Website to inquire or request information about Ambac Financial Group, Inc. (“AFG”), or its affilates Ambac Assurance Corporation (“AAC”) and Ambac Assurance UK Limited (”AUK”, and collectively with AFG and AAC, the “Company” or “we” or “us”), of the categories of personal information that we collect from the Ambac Website and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
Personal Information Collected from the Ambac Website
”Personal information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. For purposes of this Notice, personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, or de-identified or aggregated information.
When you visit the Ambac Website or fill out forms on the Ambac Website (such as to request information from us), we may collect and use the following categories of personal information about you:
Category of Personal Information Collected
Business or Commercial Purpose(s) for which Personal Information is Collected or Used
Contact Information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number
- To communicate with you and respond to your questions
- To provide you with the information, service or media that you requested
Online Activity Information on the Ambac Website, such as your IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, referral sources, pages viewed on the Ambac Website, and your usage of the Ambac Website
- To provide you with the Ambac Website
- To improve the Ambac Website, including statistical analysis of the Ambac Website
Additional Purposes for Using Personal Information
In addition to the purposes identified above, we may also use and share the categories of personal information identified above:
- to comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities
- in connection with pending litigation
- in connection with a merger, divestiture, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred
- to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity
- to debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality in the Ambac Website
No Sale of Personal Information
Ambac has not sold your personal information to third parties in the twelve (12) months prior to the date of this Notice. In addition, Ambac will not sell your personal information to third parties (including for their own direct marketing purposes) without further notice.
If you have any questions about this Notice, or to request this Notice in another format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 221-1854.